We Could Use Your Prayers
About three months ago, our 19-year old daughter, Emily, began experiencing some occasional knee pain. About a month ago, that became a constant pain and about two weeks ago – significant swelling started appearing.
An X-Ray caused concern to the orthopedic doctor, and he ordered an MRI. He hoped it was just an infection. However, the MRI revealed a large, aggressive tumor near her knee (medial femoral condyle).
We found all of that out last week. This week, the tests begin. Today (Wednesday) and Friday we will be at MD Anderson in Houston for testing (including a biopsy).
The last few days and hours our family has been in a bit of shock, and if there are two things I believe with all my heart, it includes that God is sovereign and prayer is powerful. I don’t know exactly how those work together, but I don’t have to figure it out.
Right now – I just need both of those to be true. And our family could use your help through prayer.
We would ask your prayer for these five things (and whatever else you think of):
- That God would be glorified in and through this, and that we would submit to His glory being our priority.
- That Emily and our entire family would grow through this (we believe God is always out for our good – which is to become more like Jesus).
- That the tumor would be benign. And if not, that God would heal her.
- That Emily (and all of us) would have peace. This did not take God by surprise and He is for us.
- That we would be sensitive to how God wants to use this in all of our lives.
The photo above is from our first visit to the cancer hospital.
We look forward to our last visit.