Yesterday, the good news was there is no traceable form of cancer in any other bones. That was a huge relief. Tonight’s test (8:10PM) is the second crucial test. It is a CT scan of her chest to see if the cancer has spread to the lungs. Apparently, about 25% of the time, it spreads there. We are praying the test comes back negative.
The picture above is what started this process – an X-Ray of her knee. You can spot the tumor pretty easily.
Today, she’s had many meetings and tests, and now we are just waiting for the CT scan. Tomorrow morning is the biopsy. It seems like it could be an open biopsy rather than with a needle. They will decide once they get in there. As soon as that is over, the surgeon will look at it through a microscope and know a lot more. There are more appointments and consultations after surgery tomorrow.
Then we look forward to a quiet weekend at home. Tonight, we hope to be done by midnight. Tomorrow, we have to be here by 5:30 AM.
We had our first hospital visitor tonight – an old friend from Rochester, Maria Connor. It was great to visit for a couple of hours while we wait for the CT scan. She brought us dinner and prayed for Emily. And now, we continue to hurry-up and wait.
To see the first two updates – go to davidwhiting.org. You can see updates and subscribe there if you want to receive emails of updates.