So tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we have two Christmas Eve services at all three campuses. I’ve never been more excited about a Christmas Eve service. I think it is the perfect “start” to whatever your family has planned tomorrow night and Christmas Day. You really don’t want to miss it. But we have a challenge ahead of us at the Irondequoit campus. We are completely “sold out” of tickets. With that in mind, here are some things to consider:
1) We “oversell” each service by 10%. We do that because we track “no-shows” each year and it ends up being 90% of those who pick up tickets show up. So we’ve given away 110% of the seats in Irondequoit for both services. If we would have known this, we would have planned for a third service. We didn’t anticipate this growth over last year (in which one service was only half full).
2) If you have tickets to Irondequoit but are not bringing a guest with you, would you consider going to Greece or Webster instead? Every campus has identical services and they both have some room in them. At the time of writing this blog, Greece 3:00 PM has 43 tickets and 4:30 PM has 99 tickets. Webster has a larger room and they have even more tickets available: 108 at 3:00 PM and 193 at 4:30 PM. If you plan to move campuses, please print tickets from the website and bring them with you (NorthridgeRochester.com – click on the Christmas tickets banner that will appear). If you do this – please let me know (just send me an email at [email protected]).
3) If you have tickets – be sure to bring them. We will have an overflow room for those without tickets. So be sure to bring them with you.
4) If you have tickets – be on time! A few minutes into the service, our ushers will be moving people from the overflow room into every empty seat. Don’t be late. Even with a ticket, you could lose your seat if late. And the first 6 minutes is going to be really fun!
5) If you don’t have tickets yet – you need to go to Greece or Webster. You will get a seat and be able to enjoy the same presentation from that campus. Again, just print your tickets from the website and bring them with you (NorthridgeRochester.com – click on the Christmas tickets banner that will appear).
6) If you don’t have tickets yet – you also could stream the services online. I think you will have a better live experience at Greece or Webster, but it is an option. We will be streaming the services live at 3:00 PM and 4:30 PM, as well as rebroadcasting the service at 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM, and 10:00 PM. You can find the stream page HERE.
7) If you don’t have tickets but need to come to Irondequoit for some reason… – You will be directed to sit in our overflow seating room across the hall from the auditorium. It’s not the same experience, for sure, and we will do our very best to make room for everyone in the auditorium, but this is the only way we can guarantee a seat for everyone who picked up tickets in advance. After a few minutes, ushers will come get those from the overflow room and move you into empty seats (first come – first served).