Months ago I stumbled across a video of the tsunami in Japan (March 2011). I encourage you to watch this four minute video while remembering God's power on display through creation.
Here are the details of where the video came from:
Yu Muroga was doing his job making deliveries when the 11 March 2011 earthquake hit in Japan. Unaware, like many people in the area, of how far inland the Tsunami would travel, he continued to drive and do his job. The HD camera mounted on his dashboard captured not only the earthquake, but also the moment he and several other drivers were suddenly engulfed in the Tsunami. He escaped from the vehicle seconds before it was crushed by other debris and sunk underwater. His car and the camera have only recently been recovered by the police. The camera was heavily damaged but a video expert was able to retrieve this footage.
Some verses to consider:
Here are some verses that come to my mind:
- Psalm 147:8, 16-18 – He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills… He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes. He hurls down his hail like pebbles. Who can withstand his icy blast? He sends his word and melts them; he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.
- Psalm 148:7-8 – Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lighting and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding.
- Job 37:6-7 – He says to the snow, "fall on the earth" and to the rain shower, "Be a mighty downpour." So that all men he has made may know his work, he stops every man from his labor.
- Isaiah 45:7 – I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things.
- Lamentations 3:38 – Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?
As always, if you receive this by email, click HERE to see video or click on the title above.