As we teach through 1 Corinthians, there isn’t a chapter more debated than chapter 14. In fact, it may be the most debated chapter in all of the New Testament. And we spent three weeks talking about the issues in chapter 14 and in our culture. You can find the series HERE. Just click on that link – go toward the bottom of the page – and choose the sermon from the HOLY SPIRIT CHAOS series you are interested in.
And some of you want more information, but we must move onto chapter 15 next week. So if you were hoping for more info – here are some articles that may be of interest to you.
But remember – this is a secondary issue. Let’s have a humble orthodoxy while we pursue trying to understand what the Bible says about these debated issues. Remember the quote from J.R. Vassar: “One of the signs of Christian maturity is the ability to disagree with other Christians on secondary matters without vilifying them.”
Here are some articles that may interest you:
- Spirit Guide: The Lord’s Leading in the Cessationist’s Life
- So Who Exactly IS the Mainstream of the Charismatic Movement?
- A Case for Cessationism
Here are both views expressed with grace – one who believes the gifts are not for today – the other who does:
Here is a Five-Part series that I think was well done on the gift of tongues:
- Part 1: Are Tongues Real Languages?
- Part 2: Sam Storms and Two Types of Tongues
- Part 3: Did Cornelius Speak in Non-Human Languages?
- Part 4: Various Kinds of Tongues
- Part 5: The Tongues of Angels