I saw this video recently and really liked the study, but I should say that I don’t know anything about this guy, his website, or his newsletter (that is to say – this is not an endorsement). That being said, the video and the corresponding study are very interesting.
PARENTS – please watch this video!
Parents, teachers, and those that volunteer in our Kids’ Ministry, here are some general tips:
- Praise more than you criticize.
- What you praise matters. What you praise WILL be pursued.
- SO – Praise character not looks or beauty.
- Praise effort not intelligence.
It seems that parents have a tendency to do the opposite:
- Parents more quickly criticize than praise.
- Parents quickly tell their daughters how beautiful they look more than their character.
- Parents tend to praise intelligence (good grades) not strong effort.