I read the book “Unbroken.” I loved it. We went to see the movie. It was a well-done movie that was painful to watch. And I believe they did a great job of telling the story, but at the end there are a couple of phrases on the screen that talk about Louie’s spiritual transformation. I appreciated that it was acknowledged, but I wish they would have shown that part instead of just mentioning in text at the end of the movie. But it is too easy to be a critic. Overall, I was very pleased with the movie. And wish they would do a part 2 – telling about what happened when he got back from being a prisoner of war. That’s the better part of the story!
If you’ve seen the movie but haven’t read the book – you really need to know the rest of the story. So – please watch THIS video. Here are five great reasons to give 28 minutes of your life to this video:
- It will take less time than the movie (28 minutes vs. 2 hours)
- It is free (vs. $10.00 or more)
- It gives you the spiritual dimension of Louie’s story (so much more satisfying than a story of the enduring human spirit)
- You will love and appreciate Louie more after this 28 minutes than after the 2 hours of the movie.
- It will grow your faith in the power of the Gospel.