We all tend to believe lies… Here is a list of lies that singles tend to believe. I found the list HERE. Perry Noble was the writer:
- Being miserable is the result of being single…getting married will solve all my problems.
- I’ve messed up in my past and do not deserve anyone good. (See 1 Cor. 6:9-11, especially focus on verse 11!)
- This relationship that I am in isn’t what I would like my marriage to be like..but when we get married I can change this person.
- Having sex will simplify things and cause the person I am dating and myself to have so much more in common. (See 1 Cor. 6:18-20)
- This person is not God’s best for me…but if I rush through the process of dating and getting married then I have God backed into a corner and He has to bless me because He loves me, right? (See Deut. 6:16)
- Marriage isn’t that big of a deal…if my first one does not work out then I can drop them and start over. (See Malachi 2:13-16)
- Getting married isn’t going to alter my lifestyle…I am still going to be able to live like I did when I was single, the only difference is I’m going to get to have more sex.
- I am going to get to have sex anytime I want.
- We are going to cuddle all of the time.
- The things that really get all over my nerves about this person won’t bother me as much when we get married.
- The fact that we do not agree on what we believe when it comes to Jesus and the church will not impact the way we raise our kids. (See 2 Cor. 6:14 and Amos 3:3)
- We should live together before we get married to give it a “trial run,” after all, you would not buy a car without test driving it first. (See Heb. 13:4)
- I need to keep as many secrets about my past from this person as possible; after all, my past issues won’t impact this relationship at all.
- All of my friends are married…I am not…something is obviously wrong with me.
- The way I handle my money now will not impact my future marriage.
- When I get married my spouse will meet all of my needs.
- Dating is tough…marriage is easy!