Our 16:5 Conference starts Monday afternoon! Here are some things for which you could pray and for which you can praise:
- We have 376 registered for the conference. Last year, we had 200 at this point! Praise God!
- We also have about 30 people who will be here that are vendors or sponsors of the conference. Praise God!
- We have about 80 volunteers taking two days off of work or away from their regular duties to volunteer at the conference! Praise God!
- With 18 staff members – that is just over 500 people that will be on site for the two days. Praise God!
- We hope to see another couple hundred Monday night at 7:30 for the session!
- Pray that the conference would be an encouragement to those who attend.
- Pray for our staff who is doing a majority of the speaking at the general sessions and breakouts.
- Thank God for the volunteers from Northridge who are giving up two days to encourage these pastors and church leaders.
- Pray specficially for me – as between Sunday morning and the end of the conference on Tuesday – I will be speaking nine times. That is a lot for me.
- Pray that we will be humble in our approach. In no way do we want to appear to have the answers. We want to be more eager to learn than to teach, and we just want to share what God has taught us, and all the while be passionate about the command that we all pursue the Great Commission along with the humility to know that we don't have "the" way to do that.
- Pray for the encouragement of pastors. I feel like a lot of guys are discouraged in ministry these days, and we want to encourage them in their calling, passion, and ministry.
I am SO thankful to God for the team at Northridge (staff and volunteers) who are so committed to the Great Commission that they make great sacrifices to invest in that mission with other churches. What a joy!